Please read and carefully consider the following details and guidelines for the PEP Open Call before submitting your photos.
By entering this competition, you understand, acknowledge and unconditionally agree to abide by the following Rules:
1. All images and texts provided by artists and presented on PEP's website are protected by copyright and remain property of their author. By entering this competition, you allow PEP – the organiser - to use your artwork (images and related text) in its online communication and printed material. PEP has the right to use the submitted artworks on its website and on any other form of communication (including social media, magazines, platforms for art opportunities and events...).
2. You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims.
3. Each person depicted in the images has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. It is entrant’s responsibility to obtain appropriate written permission from people or owners of property that are identifiable in their photographs.
4. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law will be immediately discarded.
5. The competition is open to any living photographer, 18 years of age or older, from any country.
6. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
7. Photography entries must be in digital format with the following technical specifications:
• File format: JPG, TIFF
• Resolution: 300dpi
• Size: Images must be sized to 3000px minimum on the longest side. Please send your file in the highest possible size and resolution!
• Image file names: The files must be titled with the photographer’s last name and a sequential image number. For example: yourlastname_01.jpg
Prints are not accepted as part of the competition.
8. No signature, stamp or any other identifying mark is allowed anywhere on the entry.
9. Entrants may use digital image manipulation (e.g. Photoshop) if they desire.
10. PEP assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Competition, and PEP assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the competition.
11. The winners of the competition will be notified by email.
12. In order to ensure coherence in the exhibition and to avoid the numerous problems related to artworks shipping, only artworks printed by PEP will be accepted. PEP takes care of the printing and framing of the selected images and covers all the costs of the exhibition.
13. Please keep in mind that not every photograph in a series might get selected and that PEP can decide the final selection and order of images that will be exhibited.
The PEP exhibition's first goal is not commercial. PEP's fundamental objective is to give an opportunity for emerging photographers to get their work exhibited for an international audience, share their practice and experience with other photographers and gain recognition. Nevertheless if the artists are interested in selling their artwork during the PEP exhibition, PEP will give them the opportunity to do so. All the artworks will be listed for the public with their respective price. In case of sales, 50% of the sales will go to the gallery and 50% will be kept by the artist. PEP covers all the costs of production of the artworks (printing, framing, promotion and logistics).
An exhibition catalogue featuring the selected artworks will also be released on the day of the opening. You’ll have the opportunity to get the catalogue at the gallery during the opening days or online through PEP’s website. All the necessary information will be sent to you by email.
After the exhibition, the artists will receive their print for free. In case the artist cannot come to pick up his/her work at the exhibition venue, PEP also offers the possibility to the artists to ship the artwork. Shipping costs will be covered by the artist and calculated in function of the provided shipping address. The exhibition catalogue can be also shipped together with the artwork.