Please read and carefully consider the following details and guidelines for the PEP Open Call before submitting your photos.
By entering this competition, you understand, acknowledge and agree to abide by the following Rules:
1. The competition is open to any photographer, 18 years of age or older, from any country.
2. Photography entries must be in digital format with the following technical specifications:
• File format: JPG, TIFF
• Resolution: 300dpi
• Size: Images must be sized to 3000px minimum on the longest side. Please send your file in the highest possible size and resolution.
• Image file names: The files must be titled with the photographer’s last name and a sequential image number. For example: yourlastname_01.jpg
If for any reason it is not possible to send your images with those technical specifications at the moment of applying to the open call, you may first enter with a lower resolution if you make sure that if selected for the exhibition, your higher resolution files will be ready to send right after the reception of the email with the list of the selected artists.
3. No signature, stamp or any other identifying mark is allowed anywhere on the entry.
4. All images and texts provided by artists and presented on PEP's website and social media channels are protected by copyright and remain property of their author. By entering this competition, you allow PEP to use your artwork (images and related text) in its online communication and printed material. PEP has the right to use the submitted artworks on its website and on any other form of communication (including social media, magazines, platforms for art opportunities and events...) to promote the photographers' works and PEP's past, current and future exhibitions and open calls. The artists' names will always be mentioned next to their respective images.
5. You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims.
6. Each person depicted in the images has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. It is entrant’s responsibility to obtain appropriate written permission from people or owners of property that are identifiable in their photographs.
7. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law will be immediately discarded.
8. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
9. The selected artists will be notified by email.
10. In order to ensure coherence in the exhibition and to avoid the numerous problems related to artworks shipping, artworks will only be accepted in digital format. PEP takes care of the printing and framing of the selected images and covers all the costs related to their production as well as all the general costs of the exhibition.
11. Please keep in mind that not every photograph in a series might get selected and that PEP can decide the final selection and order of images that will be exhibited.
10. Entrants may use digital image manipulation (e.g. Photoshop) if they desire.
11. PEP assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the open call. PEP assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the open call.
12. There is no limit on the number of entries per artist, you are free to enter multiple projects in multiple categories for the same open call.
13. The entry fee is not refundable. This call for entries is competitive; entrants are not guaranteed inclusion in the exhibition by submitting an entry. Depending on the number and the quality of the entries received, the work of an entrant may or may not be curated into the show.
14. Collaborative works are allowed.
The exhibition's first goal is not commercial. PEP's fundamental objective is to give an opportunity for emerging photographers to get their work exhibited for an international audience, share their practice and experience with other photographers and gain recognition. Nevertheless if the artists are interested in selling their artwork during the exhibition, PEP will give them the opportunity to do so. All the artworks will be listed for the public with their respective price as part of a special edition of PEP limited to 3 copies + 1 artist proof. All details of the procedure will be communicated by email to the selected photographers. Each artist is free to decide if she/he wants to sell her/his artwork or not.
An exhibition catalogue featuring the selected artworks will also be released on the day of the opening. The catalogue will be available at the gallery during the opening days or online through PEP’s website. The catalogue is free for the participating artists.
After the exhibition, the artists can come to pick up their artworks at the exhibition venue. If this is not possible, PEP can also ship the prints (together with the exhibition catalogues) worldwide. In that case, shipping costs are covered by the artists.